Question
Posted by: Buffy | 2004/10/01

Duphaston

Dear Doc,

I've had irregular periods and visited my Gynae. She then prescribed Duphaston 10mg to be taken on day 16 of cycle for 10 days to bring my cycle back to normal.

Please advise me on the after effects of this medication? Will I gain weight with this medication?

Thanking you in advance.

It is a progesterone preparation and side effects could include breast tenderness and increased apetite but in the short run it should not be a problem

1
Posted by: DB | 2004/10/01

Hi Buffy

I used Duphaston for 6 months to regulate my periods, no problems, side effects or weight gain. My gynae then added clomid to help me ovulate, and I am now 23 weeks pregnant.

DB

Reply to DB