Question
Posted by: LoLo | 2003/12/09

Duphalac during pregnancy

I am 11 weeks pregnant and suffering terribly with constipation. My GP prescribed Duphalac syrup. Is this safe to take during pregnancy. I also have insulin resistance due to PCOS. Would the duphalac syrup increase my sugar levels by any chance ( seeing that it contains lactulose, which is very sweet.)

Many thanks
LoLo

Lolo, lactulose isn’t significantly absorbed by the intestines. It stays in the colon and “sucks” water into the bowels making the stools softer. It is safe to use when pregnant and won’t have an effect on the PCOS. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/30

And fybrogel is it also safe you pregnaut

Posted by: Cici | 2015/09/21

Hi there, i am 19 weeks pregnant and was wondering if i can take the duphalac dry powder instead of the syrup? What is the difference?

Reply to Cici