Question
Posted by: Lusho | 2008/07/14

Duodenum ulcer

Hi Doc,

I went to GP to consult on a condition & he suspected duodenum ulcer & gave me Pariet for treatment, its been a week now & still no change. The problem is everytime I each I have a sharp pain in my stomach. Would you advise if I need to have gastroscopy? I have booked a folow-up check-up with my GP, but can you advise?
Thanx

Hi Lusho
It can sometimes take up to 6 weeks to get better. Try using Mucaine 10 ml three times a day for the pain or before meals. If after 3-4 weeks there is no improvement, you could need a gastroscopy.