Question
Posted by: Tarryn | 2008/07/20

Dumping Mr Clingy

I' ve been with my boyfriend for years. Have known for a while that he' s too immature for me and far too emotionally draining. Problem is, when I' ve tried to end things in the past, he wouldn' t respect my wishes to have no contact and I was always too damn soft-hearted not to give in to his pleas. Plus, I loved him. I still do but my happiness is too important. How do I end this for good? Do I actually have to change my phone number? What do I do when he rocks up at my house late at night and hoots while the household is sleeping?

If you're wrong for each other, there's no point in insisting that you love him, and having an on-again off-again relationship. Se a counsellor to plan how best to look after yourself, and that would be best for him, too. Why not change your number. And if he is so immature and selfish as to turn up at your house late at night, unibvited, ignore him, and if he persists in waking people, call the police and complain that he is creating a disturbance.

3
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/21

Dump him....and move along. lifes too short to be with people that drains the last of you.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Tarryn | 2008/07/21

Thanks guys. That' s what I needed to hear!

Reply to Tarryn
Posted by: Big T | 2008/07/21

Hey girl, you have only got one life and you are not getting any younger. An emotional " vampire"  will gradually relieve you of your life essence. They only think of " Me"  " Me"  " Me" . If you stick with this loser you will live to regret it, dump him or let him down gently but do get rid of him, sooner than later. Good luck

Reply to Big T