Question
Posted by: Erica | 2004/11/29

duitse massels

Good morning, I am 10 weeks pregnant and visit a friend who's baby had "duitse massels"(At time she didn't know what she had). My moms said she think I had it when I was little. Do I need to be concern as my friend said that she got a injection against it before conceiving.
Erica

If you were not in contact with the baby and your friend does not get German measles, then you would be safe. As a precaution, you could get your doctor to do a bood test to check whether you are immune.

3
Posted by: erica | 2004/11/30

Thanks D & Purple, I have checked with my gynae and the bloodtest done with previous visit shows that I am immune againt German Measels, so no need to worry. Have a nice day.

Reply to erica
Posted by: d | 2004/11/29

spoke to my doc few weeks ago, she told me that if you had german measles you are fine in pregnancy if you have come into contact with it again.

Reply to d
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/29

I don't mean to alarm you, but it is a good idea to go and see your gynae.

You need to check your immunity to german measles.

Check with your mother if you received the MMR as a child. If you did or if you had german measles then don't be too concerned, as your immunity is likely to be fine.

If you haven't, then your gynae needs to monitor you and your baby, as if you get german measles, there is a risk of your baby being deaf and of having other complications.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Reply to Purple