Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2006/04/04

due to hormonal tablets I have gained weight

I am using hormonal tables everyday not since I had an historectomie 2 years ago and I don't eat anything else than what I used to but I gain weight and I cannot lose it. I feel fat and none of my clothes fits me anymore
HELP, HELP, HELP

Dear Natasha
It is unfortunate that some women do gain weight on hormone replacement therapy, while others don't. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).