Posted by: Mommy C | 2008/06/13

Due dates

I went for my gynae check up today, my concern is that last week when I went for my abnormality scan i was told that I am 22 weeks, from last week I was supposed to have been 23 weeks yesterday, however my gynae has told me that I am 21 weeks. Why is it different?

We take both your dates(i.e. calculated from last menstrual period) and early ultrasound scans as being an indication of your gestational age. As long as the two readings are not more than 2 weeks different, we accept the dates as being correct. In those instances, the scan just gives us an idea of how big the baby is.

Posted by: Mel | 2008/06/13

Remember that it can go 2 weeks to each side. A scan picks it up from the growth of the baby. Gynae's go according to your last Menstruation. and the info gathered from yourself. Don't stress about 1 week difference.

Reply to Mel