Posted by: anon | 2009/09/07

Dryness under head of penis

I seem to have a dryness and slight flaking of skin just under the head of my penis, I thought it may be a fungal infection ( jock itch or something of the sort) and have used Viocort an anti fungal cream...doesnt seem to help.

Any ideas?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

it definitely sounds like a fungal infection and for that you need an antifungal cream that is designed to work in that area - viocort is designed to be used between your toes.... and you will agree the skin there is quite different!
see a doc for a proper prescription
OH and do remember that these infections can take 6 weeks and longer of daily usage to clear ( the itching goes away much before that and then comes back if you stop the treatment - because its not resolved)
your next step is to fogure out why you are getting these fungal infetions and thereby prevent it happening again
speak to your doc!

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.