Question
Posted by: Brad | 2007/06/19

Dry skin on my Penis

I have dry skin on my penis. Its on the shaft and the foreskin no symptoms under the foreskin. And i went to a Dr who just looked and didnt examine and said i must be using a new soap and wearing underwear thats too tight.
Then it went away for 2weeks and now come back.
On the foreskin it gets so dry that leaves like cracks if i scratch it ir irritate the dry skin.
Could it be thrush? But on top of the skin not under the foreskin?

Dear Brad
this could just be dryness but can also be a form of eczema. Wash with Dove soap or Elizabeth Anne babyshampoo and use a good moisturizer ( UEA is the cheapest and works very well - put on 3-4 times per day) If this does not improve the condition, you may need to see a dermatologist for a very light cortisone cream. Thrush usually develop under the foreskin and on the head of the penis and cause redness, tenderness, white discharge on the wet areas, and cracking of the skin at the head.
a picture of thrush can be found here: http://www.aidsaction.org.au/images/swop/stis/thrush.jpg