Question
Posted by: donnak | 2006/07/23

dry skin on face , looking old

hi im 51 years old and when i look at my skin there are fine lines around mouth , and i lost that glowing smooth looking face ...my face skin does not look like a normal looking 51 year old, and i use expensive creams, also i have a t-zone thats oily, but the rest of my face is dry help me please put the shine and glo back into my face...thank u donnak

Expert ImageArchive

Ageing of the skin is caused by a number of factors. Sunlight, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, wind, cold, gravity, dietary deficiencies etc. The effect of sunlight is more evident in persons with fair skin. Treatment of the ageing skin is complicated. Options are the following: laser, intense pulsed light, radiofrequency, Botox, creams containing tretinoin, fillers etc. Also common sense measures. See above. Treatment must be individualized. See your doctor. Oily skin is very difficult to treat. Hormonal treatment or low does isotretinoin are options.

1
Posted by: donnak | 2006/07/25

hello doc none of what you said applies to me , ive just lost that glo and radiance, what do you recomend , thank you for earily response.////////// what good creams should i ask for from my skin doctor, how should i clean my face

Reply to donnak