Question
Posted by: KZN | 2007/08/02

Dry Skin

Hi, I am a 38 year old female. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that my skin is extremely dry. I am been oiling myself after every shower with Baby Oil (i.e. once a day). The skin is so dry that when I cross my legs the skin pulls tight and feels uncomfortable. The dry skin is over my stomach and legs. My arms and back and chest is fine. When I rub my fingers over the skin my fingers are left feeling smooth - must be from flaking skin. The skin is not flaking visibly - you have to look at it fairly closely to notice it.
What is the cause and how can I treat it?
Many thanks.

Dear KZN
Try creams that contains lactic acid or lactic acid and urea on the irritated areas. Bath with Elizabeth Anne baby shampoo or use UEA as a soap ( rub it all over and wash off) - avoid all soaps if possible. Dove may still be ok to use. Try to moisturize with Epizone A or UEA more than once a day if possible.