Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2008/05/22

dry mouth

my son aged 11 is generally healthy and plays sport. he has had a history of asthma but this is related to sport in general.
he is not a good eater but i give supplements - biostrath and a nutritional shake

we have noticed the past while he has a continual dry mouth - i have put this down to the fact we have recently relocated from KZN and it is very dry in gauteng. but i am also noticing he drinks a lot of water.( He is often tired in the evenings but also has a long day with school and sport.)

we do have a history of diabetes in the family - should I take him to the GP for a check up or should i start with a glucose test at the pharmacy

Dear Debbie
Take him for a fasting blood sugar test at a lab near you - he should not eat anything from the previous evening 22h00, he may drink water.