Question
Posted by: cindy | 2007/04/23

dry mouth

hi doc
of late ive noticed a very bad thing of biting the inside of my cheeks, it doesnt bleed just yet but im sure it'll get to that point. to illeviate this i chew gum instead but i get tired and spit if out. my mouth has also started to get very dry, i use to think its dehydration but i now drink lots of water but my mouth is still dry. feels like i should always keep my mouth filled with water in order to feel comfortable.
not sure whether this is also related to my hot feet as well. i cant sleep at night unless i soak them in cold water first.

is there a medical reason for all this?

Dear Cindy
This could be early signs of diabetes, I think you must make an appointment with your gp to have your bloodsugar checked.