Question
Posted by: Gout | 2006/07/24

Dry Mouth

I am a gout patient after a few beers on Friday night , i woke up with the usual hangover symptoms , lack of appetite + thirst . These usually go away later on during the day but these didn't . I kept feeling the urge to urinate , today Monday its the same.

Yesterday my doc checked my uric acid which was high & prescribed ariponel , he took a urine sample which was checked and came out ok. I aslo had a routine Medical ( complete HIV etc ) which did not detect anything .

Before falling sick i was taking a multivitamin supplement + antibiotics .

Could you please advise

Dear Gout
I would just advise you to increase your fluid intake, the alcohol might have interacted with your antibiotics. One should avoid taking alchohol while on any medication as the medication and the alcohol could interact in the liver, where they "fight " to use the same enzymes to break down.