Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2005/11/19

dry mouth

I am experiencing a very dry mouth, I have been taking trepeline for quite a while and recently my doctor increased the dosage to 50mg at night. I have also been put on the generic of losec, which I thought maybe was causing the dry mouth, because I have taken pariet and losec previously and it didnt cause a dry mouth. Can you help.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Michelle,

Trepiline has well know anticholinergic actions and this often causes a dry mouth. Omepazole (losec) is also known to cause a dry mouth - The culprit may be any of the two or even both. I suggest discussing this with your prescriber. In the meantime try chewing sugar-free gum or sucking sugar-free sweets.

1
Posted by: Joe | 2005/11/24

i ahve been taking nuzak and trepiline for my head aches and since then i notice that i have put on weight.....is this because of this medication

Reply to Joe