Question
Posted by: George | 2007/06/19

Dry lips

I suffer terribly from dry lips. I seem to be putting Labello Medicated lipcare on all the time. Quite a few years ago I got bad sun burn on my lips but it came right, now I put on when I get up in the morning, about 3 or 4 times in the day and again before bedtime. This is really getting frustrating. I always have to carry labello or something with me otherise my lips pain.

Is tere something that I can do to stop having to put labello or anything else on my lips constantly?

Please help me.

Dear George
common reasons for chronic dry lips could be:
You are taking in too much vit A
You are licking your lips unconsciously
You sleep with an open mouth due to blocked nose or snore
You are allergic to nickle ( paperclips), phenyl salicylate in lipice, sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste
You are taking in too much Vit B12 ( contains cobalt)
sometimes it may help to use a low cortisone dose (2% hidrocortisone) cream on the lips but it must please be given under the care of a dermatologist or your GP.
Try changing to another more oily brand of lip moisturizer.