Question
Posted by: M | 2004/11/01

Dry Lemon

Hi Doc,

Is it safe to drink Schweppes Dry Lemon in pregnancy due to the quinine content? Could it cause any problems i.e. birth defects? A 200 ml tin contains approx 5 mg of quinine.

You are right that quinine is not advisable in pregnancy as it can cause abortions. It is best to avoid it.

4
Posted by: Cynthia | 2015/09/18

I am 34 weeks pregnant and i just got Schweppes dry lemon and I drank it for the first time is it safe to do so at this stage of pregnancy?

Reply to Cynthia
Posted by: Tash | 2015/05/19

Im addicted to dry lemon i can't keep up with all other fizzy drinks had it whislt i was pregnant as well bt for few wks thenafter delivery i went bck it keeps me on good weight

Reply to Tash
Posted by: lucky | 2014/07/25

is schweppes dry lemon good for diet intake

Reply to lucky
Posted by: Thuli | 2014/07/03

I used to drink dry lemon everyday like 6times a day,Now I just found out thati'm 2weeks pregnant,it just came naturaly that I gotta quit...

Reply to Thuli