Question
Posted by: Marga | 2004/10/25

dry itchy skin

I am 10weeks pregnant and suffer from a very dry, itchy skin. I have tried everything (bathing in oil, rubbing my body with tissue oil, different kinds of moisturiser, etc.) but the itching is still driving me nuts! Any advise please?

You could try Bio oil. Otherwise see a dermatologist.

3
Posted by: Mufasa | 2004/10/25

Hi Ladies

I`m only 14 wks and at 12 I was itching like crazy 5 minutes after using bio oil and happy event. I`m sure they work, but what I noticed is that mixing the two didn't do it for me, so I use bio oil first, follow with olive oil(pure from the pharmacy) and finish off with any other lotion with glycerine. i KNOW IT sounds like a lot, but boy did it relieve my pain and stress, and I stay moist fro the whole day.

Hope this helps

Reply to Mufasa
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/10/25

I've got the same problem. Mine started at 28weeks, I'm almost 31 weeks and your right it can drive a person NUTS!!!! Just be carefull that it doesn't turn into PUPPP you can look it up on the internet.

I've tried everything to take the ich away, but it comes and go's suppose I'm gonna have to live with it for the next few weeks.
I try not to take to HOT showers or baths as it makes the itch worse.

Hope you find something that helps!!!!

Reply to Marlene
Posted by: Thands | 2004/10/25

It's normal for a pregnant woman to have dry and ichy skin due to increase in body which causes silver stripes. You can ease the pain by putting on happy event and tissue oil to reduce the appearance of silver stripes.

Reply to Thands