Question
Posted by: Able | 2004/10/12

Dry, itching anus with a possible rash.

I am embarrassed by my situation but Iam far more uncomfortable with how it makes me feel.

The area around my anus is very dry and sensative. The skin is cracked as well. I find it incredibly painfull to go to the toilet and it is not getting better. To top things off I may also have a pile as it occasionally bleeds. Please can you point me in the right direction.

This is unberable!

Able, it sounds like it might be due to a yeast infection around the anus. You can try something like Anusol® suppositories for the haemorrhoids and Normospor® cream for the skin, but if it doesn’t clear up within a week the best would be to see your doctor. If you’re interested in something I wrote on the subject of anal itching you’re welcome to mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.