Question
Posted by: MAATJIE | 2004/10/28

Dry eyes

I am on Eltroxin 0.1mg for Thyroid disfunction, did tests and is normal now but really suffering from dry eyes. Is it related? Puffy eyes in the mornings, itchy, dry, eyes feel tired all the time, just want to close them. I use Eye Gel but for how long, the rest of my life? Sure there must be something else to cure it?
Something herbal to work from the inside?

Expert ImagePharmacist

M,

Its difficult to say from this side. It may be that it is not related at all and that your symptoms is seasonal, but chances are that it may also be related to your thyroid condition (Eg. Thyroid eye, etc).
If your symptoms does not improve, best would be discussing your condition with your doc and having a proper evaluation. In the meantime ‘artificial tears' may help. These drops are harmless and can be applied as often as required, even as much as hourly.