Question
Posted by: Lee-Ann | 2005/11/17

Dry ears

Hi Doc,
I've a strange problem with regard to my ears. It seems as though the outer canal of the ears are exfoliating (best words I could think of). For a while now I've had very itchy ears, and have thus relieved the itch with anything i could. Yes I know its nots the right thing to do. But now it burns when I do the same. The skin is extremely flakey and somes off as in sun burn.
Please could you let me know what I could do now.
Lee-Ann.

Lee-Ann, it sounds like it might be eczema or maybe a superficial fungal infection. If you have something like Quadriderm® you can apply a little at night for 3-5 days, but if that doesn’t do the trick, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.