Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2005/01/07

Dry and falling off hair

Hello Doc

Pls advise me on what I can take to reduce my hair loss, thinning and dry hair, my hair looks so brittle and very little on my head

I appreciate whatever advice you can offer

Dear Concerned
The most common dietary cause of hairloss is a lack of iron. You need to take an iron-folic acid supplement like FerroFolate and eat red meat, fish, egg yolk, poultry, iron-fortified cereals and dried fruit. However, hairloss can also be caused by other underlying medical conditions, so if it persists do consult a Dermatologist to see if there is another reason for this problem.