Question
Posted by: Lindsey | 2002/12/13

drugs and food containing sulphur

I have a fixed eruption problem, I assume it's caused from sulphur. I have what I call and inner itch im my arm, when taken antibiotics containing sulphur it is much worse.
Can you please inform me on which food and drugs contain sulphur.
Many thanks, Lindsey

Dear Lindsey
You need to be on the lookout for foods and drinks that contain sulphur which is usually added in the form of sulphur dioxide. So start reading food labels very carefully. Some foods and drinks to check carefully are fruit drinks, all wines, dried fruit. The so-called sulpha-drugs contain sulphur and you need to tell any doctor, pharmacist and naturopath, etc, who treats you about this allergy. It may also help to wear a Medic Alert bracelet.
Take care