Posted by: TEENY | 2007/03/13


Hi Doc, My 18y old son has been smoking from +/- 16y. He is in matric this year. Because he has behavioral problems I had him tested for drugs at the GP. It was a urine test, which was clean. He gets demonic attacks (he says), which I think can be drug related. Is there any other test that can be done to clarify if he is using drugs or not?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Teeny
You could ask your doctor to do a blood screening test for the most common drugs. The most sensitive test will be a hairsample test but you will have to find out from a lab near you if they can do this.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Nope. | 2007/03/14

Look in the phone book, or the Yellow Pages. Or call yellow pages. That's what they're there for. We don't work for Telkom, thankfully.

Reply to Nope.
Posted by: darmenator | 2007/03/14

do you have infomation on any doctors in the wets rand

Reply to darmenator
Posted by: Trompops. | 2007/03/13

Blood tests arte more accurate and the 'stuff' stays detectable for longer in the blood. Problem is it takes only a few days for most drugs to ventilate itself through the system. Dagga can be detected up to two weeks in urine, dunno about blood though.

Reply to Trompops.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.