Question
Posted by: bob | 2003/12/10

drug tests in sport

hi doc,
i went to a rave on saturday night and took half an ecstacy tablet as well as a Thinz tablet. I'm playing a sport tournament in three weeks time and may be tested for performance enhancers. What exactly does ecstacy contain and how long will my urine show traces of these drugs for? What about marijuana?

Bob, the one Thinz™ tablet should be gone, but the ecstasy and dope may show up in the urine for up to 4 weeks. Ecstasy contains methylenedioxymethamphetamine. The best would be to stay away from it if you want to take your sport seriously. If you’re interested in more info on ecstasy, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.