Question
Posted by: ToughLove | 2007/03/06

Drug testing - crack, tik etc

Hi Doc. My daughters father (my ex) has agreed to urine testing. He has had drug problems for 15 years, was clean for 10 years and has relapsed a few times over the last 18 months (including rehab 12 months ago for the fifth time). He has agreed to urine testing in order to continue to see our daughter (i.e. keep clean and he can see her). I feel it is necessary so that she is not involved in his chaos. I love him dearly and he is a sweetheart so there is no malice on my part. I want him to see my daughter. His drugs of choice are crack and cocaine (although he could use other substances). How often should I get him tested ? I am going to get a doctor of his choice to do it so that I wont be the policeman. I don't want him to get clever and manipulate the tests (he'll probably know the time periods it stays in urine). Thank you

Dear Toughlove
Sorry for being so paranoid but he can use a friend's urine..
If it was my daughter, I would rather ask him to go for bloodtest monthly.

1
Posted by: Toughlove | 2007/03/07

Thanks Doc. He has agreed to blood tests. Yes, he has manipulated urine tests in the past. How often would we test to pick it up ? Every 4 weeks ? He had drugs 2 weeks ago. If we test in 2 weeks time - if he hasnt had - will it now be clean ? So he should submit a test every 4 weeks ? Thanks.

Reply to Toughlove