Question

drug / psychological problem

My fiance has a 'drug problem' This happens about 5-6 times a year now for the past 3 yrs. We have a baby together and would like to get him some help. I dont think its a drug problem, i think there is an underlying problem which sparks it off. It always seems to happen when things are going good. Whats the best thing to sort this problem out as im close to leaving him as its destroying our trust and relationship.

If he returns to the drugs, he has a drug problem all the time, not only during the 5 or 6 most obvious times in the year. Apart from the usual detox / rehab, he needs to see a good local counsellor / therapist and work hard and sincerely with the shrink to sort this out. I agree with CeeC ee, that he needs to act like an adult and take responsibility for getting sorted out.

5
Posted by: anon | 2007/02/21

Thanks guys, I have spoken to him and are arranging an session with a councellor, he agrees he has an distructive behaviour and will eventually lose me and our son as I will not tollerate my son growing up with a drug abuser.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/02/20

Maybe you make stupid comments like "Call FNB - they care!!"

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: CeeCee | 2007/02/20

If your fiancee is old enough to have fathered a child then I am sure he is old and wise enough to realize that he has a responsibility to you, to his child and to himself to approach the right organizations or seek medical intervention to get to the root of why he feels it's okay to go on 'drug binges' while is is in a committed relationship.
Most people who are alive and breathing have some 'underlying issues' as life very rarely is a total picnic for folks. But not everyone resorts to destructive behaviour as he has to realize that when he takes drugs, it has a negative effect on your relationship.

You could perhaps have a serious discussion with him that he has a problem and that he needs to take steps to get to the bottom of his 'issues' and to stop using drugs.
If he is unwilling to do this then I hope you can see some red flag warnings for your and your baby's future and that you are not going to end up with years of pain and hearbreak.

Hopefully he will decide to sort himself out. Best of luck...

Reply to CeeCee
Posted by: Dunno | 2007/02/20

Seesh, Rob - what a moronic answer.

You dont think perhaps it is stress - to keep things up? Have you spoken to him about it? How would he react?

Reply to Dunno
Posted by: Rob | 2007/02/19

Keep him unhappy at all times since his state of euphoria turns him wild.

Reply to Rob