Question
Posted by: Lizeka | 2005/07/18

Drug or fertility

This sound so stupid but i wan't to hear from u ladies.a friend of mine told me that there is a pill or drug fertility for twins how true is this thing because if there is one i would love to have one so i can kill one bird with two stones. Please anyone with idea share with me and tell me where can i get this ? I am late with three days but scared to test i will wait till friday and see but cramps are killing me more like period pains.

Your ideas appreciated

Lots of xxx

Landi is right. Twins may seem romantic but there are many problems associated.

4
Posted by: landi | 2005/07/18

please don't get me wrong - but carrying twins is not a joy ride - my first pregnancy was without any problems at all - my son is now seven.

We went for IVF and I am now twenty nine weeks preggies with twin boys.

At ten weeks I had some bleeding and was hospitilized,
I recently had a very bad bladder infection due to the weight of my little ones on my bladder. I had to take three different types of antibiotics to clear it up. I was given medication as a precaution should I go into early labour due to my bad bladder infection. I have a back that is killing me, and to top it all I am worried sick because multiples are usually born premature. I am very happy about my double blessing - but the risks of miscarrage, premature labour etc is almost double with twins - it also poses a health risk to the mother - your heart is doing "double shift" and the Gynaes prefer to deliver them via C-section. I wish you all the best should you fall preggies with twins - but personally I don't want to go through this whole ordeal again. I am emotionaly drained- taking it one day at a time -everytime you get a pain or something, you worry that is might be a contraction or something. I just thank thank the Lord for every day that my babies spent in my tummy growing and getting stronger.

Reply to landi
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/18

Hay - NO PROBLEM. I certainly know that feeling of desperately wanting to be pregnant. The only thing I can say now is that it WILL happen when the time is right - just try be patient.
It took me 6 months to fall pregnant with my Son (now 21 months) & I look back & laugh at myself because I was convinced I'd never have a baby.

You're 3 days late already - maybe give it another day or two & have a blood test done. If you're anxious to find out then why not go for a blood test today. I'm not big on HPT's coz I did 3 & all were negative & I was actually pregnant.

Reply to SLC
Posted by: Lizeka | 2005/07/18

Thanx SLC

Thank you for your response, and your knowledge about this fertility things then i think i should wait for the test result to see if i am really pregnant. I am sorry for asking too muck you know sometimes when you desperate you can do things that will regret, you can try anything to fullfill your desire.So i won't try anything pal thanks to you and i will let you know of my status.

Reply to Lizeka
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/18

First of all - if you're 3 days late then you could be pregnant. I had period pains for about 2 weeks 'after' my missed period & I was pregnant - it's the ligaments beginning to stretch.

Secondly, I think on any fertility program there is a possibility of having twins. Some fertility drugs can make you ovulate from both ovaries. I don't think ANYTHING can guarantee you twins 100%. I don't think you should mess around with any fertility pills as you may end up messing up your system for good. Besides, you have to have a prescription for anything like that.

Good Luck - I hope you are pregnant.

Reply to SLC