Posted by: Jade | 2007/03/09

drug-addicted loved one

Hi cyber doc

i hope you can help. my boyfriend is an addict and i have been supportive - yet also firm, insisting he gets help - throughout the few weeks that he has been relapsing again. I don't know what else to do! Is it possible to force him to get help? And if so, how? I am also alone in this situation because his family lives overseas.

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Jade
No you can't really force him.
However, you must get professional help to assist you to manage this: See

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Jade | 2007/03/09

Hi 'Help'
He has been battling with this for years, and has been in rehabs before. He's also seen psychologists. Still, i suggested it again and he doesn't want to go! I understand that he works extremely long hours, 7 days a week, so it's not easy to find the time to see a psychologist. Recently I expressed my suggestion that he speaks to someone, but he refused and we had a long argument about it. I feel helpless!

Reply to Jade
Posted by: help | 2007/03/09

Has he ever considered seeing a psycologist?

Reply to help

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.