Posted by: Ria | 2007/02/22

Drug Addict Son

Please I need help; my son 25 has been in and out of jails for the past 4 months Stealing from us for Drugs. Yesterday I got the call again from the police he was arrested in JHB buying Rocks from a dealer they are watching. In court today the prosecutor advised me to take him to a Social Worker if he really wants help. We are currently living in Roodepoort and I don't have an idea where to start. Financially theirs no money to send him to a private rehab. I am getting desperate

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Thanks RMC ! There are state rehab centres like MagaliesOord, near Pretoria, which has some skilled staff, and he could be sent there by the Court, if the court is asked to do so.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2007/02/22

Ask the Prosecutor to assign a social worker to your son.
Call Sanca/Famsa/Lifeline for referrals. Take him for counselling. Call your nearest local University Psychology Dept, ask for help.

Reply to anon
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/22

http: // www (dot) nrf (dot)ac (dot) za / netpro / association.html

will give you who to contact in your area for the South African Council against Alcohol and Drug Dependance.

Reply to RMC

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.