Question
Posted by: Anesta | 2004/11/22

drug abuse with lightbulb - crystles SA "Tik" or Speed

two of my boys using this drug, makes them violent and sick, feel like I am resposible this makes me very depressive. How can I help them if they do not want to be helped?

Anesta, sorry to hear this. You're right to be concerned, bu don't blame yourself--- it was them who decided to do this, not you. Tough love may indeed be needed --- one can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped ( if they had appendicitis, it'd be no use getting a surgeon to cut out YOUR appendix !) If you can persuade them to see a shrink, he/she could explain the risks to them and advise them directly. You can try to make them want to hbe helped, and make sure they DO know the risks they are running, and be available when they realize that they do neet help. Otherwise it's largely up to them

1
Posted by: J | 2004/11/22

Hi Anesta

You have to adopt a "tough Love" approach.If they do not want to get help, then you threaten to throw them out!!

Reply to J