Question
Posted by: D | 2007/12/27

Drooling cat

Hi, my cat's about 7, spayed & in good health until a few days ago. She drools with her tongue sticking out. She also couldn't eat, tho not for lack of appetite. There's also a brownish substance on her lips. She doesn't seem to be getting worse, but improvement isn't obvious either. Our finances aren't in very good condition at this time (no presents this Christmas), but I will take her to a vet if you think it best. I really don't want to lose my kitty and I'm worried this could be a simptom of something worse. Any advice will be appreciated.

D

It sounds as if she has an injury in her mouth and the brown substance couse be blood stained saliva. There could also be a bone stuch between her teeth. Please have your vet examine her as soon as possible.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2007/12/28

This cat is sick and I hope you've been to the vet in the meantime.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Kate | 2007/12/28

Take her to the vet

Reply to Kate