Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/06/05

Driving Me insane

My friend is pregnant so i sort of understand the whole hormonal thing. But she is acting really strange. She is constantly fighting with her husband! ITs BAD FIGHTING. She told him that he must go get a divorce?????????? He never said anything. She is even acting irrational with me. She goes from laughing and joking to swearing and attacking... Is this normal?????
What can i do for her. Hormones can not be this bad

Joy's response sounds really sensible. Hormonal shifts and other factors related to the pregnancy can indeed cause such unpleasant behaviour and unnecessary drama. I hope someone is giving the husband some encouragement to put up with this. If she saw a counsellor this could help, but she may not be interested in this. Fortunately, as the hormones vary, so usually does this irritability and unpleasantness, and it may not last the whole nine months

3
Posted by: Tabby | 2007/06/05

When I was pregnant my husband wanted to move into a hotel because of my irrational behaviour. Unfortunately for some people their hormones go crazy when they are pregnant (which was the case with me). Her husband needs to understand that this is "normal" and that he will have to try and put up with her "hormones" for nine months =: - ). My advice to her would be to get some exercise. This really helped me when my hormones took over.

Reply to Tabby
Posted by: Me | 2007/06/05

The sad thing is that i don't know her as a sensible, happy person! I am not involvong myself in her issues with her husband... But it looks like she may loose him because of her behaviour! i don't want her to land up being even more unhappy

Reply to Me
Posted by: Joy | 2007/06/05

dont involve yourself with her and her husband's issues, thats really none of your business. Instead, focus on your friendship with her and tell her how her crazy behavious has affected you, and how understanding you are to the fact that she's hormonal, but that's its becoming destructive. and dont try to make sense of it, this phase will pass, especially if you've learnt to know and love her as a sensible, happy person. Be there for her, and support her thats all you can do, and just get out the way if she needs her space.

Reply to Joy