Question
Posted by: party girl | 2005/07/25

Drinking Problem

Hi doc
I think I have a drinking problem, but don't believe that I am an alcoholic. I definately never crave alcohol, but when I drink I'm always the drunkest girl at the party. I have periods of time when I have black outs and don't remember how I got home, things that I did, things that I said. I keep promising myself that I won't drink that much again, but after a couple of weeks I do it again. Do you think I have a problem, and if so where can I get the help?

Actually, maybe it's more useful to recognize yourself as having "Problem Drinking" --- many people, especially actual alcoholics, devote so much energy to convincing themselves that they're NOT an alcoholic, that they never use that energy to solve their drinking problem. Blackouts are a serious sign of drinking to excess, and of the possible beginnings of brain damage from this excessive alcohol intake. Promising to stop, as you've found, isn't enough, and if you keep going back to the booze even though you recognize and know that you need to stop, is again a sign of problem drinking. Whatever we call, it, Yes, you do have a problem and deserve to treat it seriously. See a good local shrink, and consider also joining AA, for the extra support it can offer. But get professional help to stop this before it stops you

1
Posted by: Drinker | 2005/07/25

It so common that when one is alcoholic always denying that.
To quit drinking or to solve drinking promblem is one of maijor tusk especially if you have been alcoholic. In your case my darling you need to change the staff you are taking. Remember that to drink that way you likely to get your self one day in a setuation where you will REGRET IT THE WHOLE OF YOUR LIFE. remember when you get drunk like that you can be easily get raped which means that you can get HIV/AIDS quiet easily. You can get murderd or killed.
1.Have you ever been warned by the people close to you about your drinking. ?
2. Have you ever been questioned about a bad thing that you did while you were drunk because you were drunk!?
-If yes to only this two you are realy having a promblem with your drinking and you do need an immediate councelling!

Reply to Drinker