Question
Posted by: kato | 2006/07/17

Drinking 8 glasses of water a day???

Hi Doc,

Everyone says you should be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. I have been trying this now for the past 3 weeks, and I've really been feeling weird - I'm running to the loo every hour and it's not getting better. Furthermore my bladder is starting to really feel 'sore' I don't know if this is normal? I don't have an infection (I've had that before and know what it felt like). Will I eventually get 'used' to drinking more water or am I going to keep running to the loo like this?

Dear Kato
The 8 glasses is just an average suggestion. Try one glass after each meal and 1 in between meals - see how this goes.