Question
Posted by: Gollum | 2006/10/25

Drinking

Hi CS - I wrote to you a couple of days ago about my friend who is drinking too much.

He is now going through a very difficult time with his only family member diagnosed with cancer. He is drinking more and told me that is this family member dies, he will be all alone and will then lose it.

He's still refusing to eat and I don't think he's coping. I don't know how to deal with this! Is there anyone out there who has had a friend or close one who went thru something like this who can give me some advice on how to deal with him/help him?

Please, any advice would be really appreciated.

let's see what others suggest. Your most useful role will probably be to keep being supportive, and encouraging him to seek the expert help he needs.