Question
Posted by: Chameleon_boy | 2007/04/25

Dreams on coming out

I dont know why i woke up shivering, maybe it was because of flu, maybe because it was cold, but i think not.

I had the weirdest dream last night, and for the first time in years i can remember what i dreamt. I was in my bed with my bf just going along fine when my parents came home. As they called me i dressed and tried to hide him so that i dont get caught. Went to the tv room and started looking at the stuff my mom bought... when here comes my bf... chatting to my mother etc. O God i wish this could happen... wishful thinking and some dreams never come true! Right?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Chameleon-Boy and thanks for this post. Perhaps a dose of wishing but also an invitation to explore the possibility of your making this happen.

3
Posted by: Gareth | 2007/04/25

Same here, I grew up in a typical Afrikaans house with the whole shebang, religion etc. I was so scared to tell them. AND I was married to a girl at that stage so I was even more scared that they would reject me. They were wonderful, even my dad. Of course they were shocked and it took some time for them to understand it, and we went through the whole thing in the coming months, with tears and fights and all that. But I am their child, and they love me. Once they understood what it is all about and accepted it, I grew so much closer to them, and today I am the favourite child. They adore my partner, my dad refers to him as his son, when speaking to other people. If it really bothers you this much you should really consider coming out. Start with someone close, a sibling. It gets easier from there and by that time you will have a support system

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: DLB | 2007/04/25

I feel that it is better to be rejected by your parents than not ever let them know who you really are. If they died today (And yes, it can happen that qickyl) they will have never known who you are.

That was my motivation when I came out. Who knows you may be surprised. My parents also used to be very negtive about gay people - but people change. It is different when it is your own child.

Take a chance - Then you can't have any regrets.

Reply to DLB
Posted by: les bi friends | 2007/04/25

Hunnie why dont you just tell your parents, i know its hard and its very freeken scary i kept it a secret for 10 years and then just one day i decided what the hell my mum didnt take it to well but now she is cuming round and hell she even calls my partner part of the family

I hope you find the strenght you need if i may ask how old are you?

Much love

Reply to les bi friends