Question
Posted by: Sipho | 2005/12/13

Dreams about you ex. Does this happen to you?

Having dreams about your ex? what does this mean...is it because i'm not completely over her? Flip! dreams like these always leave a bitter taste in the mouth the next morning when reality hits. Does this happen to any of you guys?

I actually pray every night that i dont dream about her.....it hurts so much when you wake up and you realise it was only a dream and you're still on your own.(and the beautiful dream was just a figment of your imagination) Flip...

I;m sure this happens to many people. But dreams are curious, and include a load of random stuff, bits and pieces of memories, distorted memories, wishes, fantasies, things we have heard or seen on TV. And so our dreams may include nice things that once happened by happen no more ; or even nice things that we once wished would happen, but haven't happened yet.

5
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/13

Sipho, I personally have an extremely vivid imagination and dream every night. When they are dreams that have the possibility of hurting me emotionally, I make a concerted effort of thinking positive thoughts. However, if it is a good dream, I will hold it close to me, sometimes for days at a time. But I have learnt the hard way of not letting the bad ones get to me. Try thinking of something positive and keep it in your head. Hope this helps you.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Sideways | 2005/12/13

I dream about her regularly and they always hurt. I actually dread going to sleep at night sometimes. I can only assume that time will make it better. It never ceases to amaze me how much the heart and entire being can be damaged by another person leaving. I believe it has a lot to do with us seeking answers to unaswered questions which we probably will never find. Until we are fully able to accept things as they are and stop looking for the answers and "closure" we don't move on. Good luck Sipho. Give it time, try to surround yourself with loved ones and keep distracted. I pray every night too and every morning but still the confusion never goes away but I fight it all the time and try to remind myself to have faith.

Reply to Sideways
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/13

Ive been devorced 5 years & i sumtimes dream about my ex....
I was dreaming the other night me & him are together. With my life as is now..but HIM
Oh boy was I happy to wake up and see my husband next to me.
I sommer snogged him left & right.
I dont miss my ex AT ALL
dream is just a dream

Reply to Delene
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/13

I sometimes still dream of my ex, and I know its because chapters still have to close. Some dreams are ok, most of them involve something hurtful and painful, a reflection of what hurt m ein the relationship. The dreams are progressively becoming less frequent, cant remember when last I dreamt of her.

Time.... as with everything.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Lady B | 2005/12/13

Sipho....Ja ek droom ook gewoonlik van my ex,,,,maar dit beteking NIE ek mis hom of so iets nie, as ek gewoonlik van hom droom kan jy maar verseker wees ons gaan woorde he,

So indien ek van hom droom weet ek daar gaan vuurwerke wees..

Reply to Lady B