Question
Posted by: Kroskros | 2006/07/26

dreams about ex bf

Hi Doc & friends, last night I dreamt that my ex-boyfriend asked me to come back. I was viciously screaming at him, still clearly remember that I said ¡°I will never come back, you treated me so bad, cheated on me, I am so disgusted just by thinking of it!¡±

This is NOT the first time I dreamt about him, there are other times, at the beginning it was having sex, then it was that I refuse to do it, then it was this recent dream¡­

That was a very bad relationship, I believe that I had experienced the worst that could happen in a relationship, I was young, and was manipulated. He basically used me for sex and money, plus all the ingredients like lying, cheating, abusing... I wasted the best time of my life on this man, and I started lots of bad habits that influenced my current relationship and life, which I am trying very hard to change¡­.

During these couple of years since broke up, I went through a stage of Forgetting it ¨C Remembering details ¨C Realizing how bad it was ¨C Disgusted when I think about it ¨C Realizing how much it affected my current life ¨C Hate him so much for what he has done to me¨C Slowly trying to get ride of the anger¡­..

I still want to face him and let out the anger, but I know that by confrontation, it gives him a chance to contact me again. I DO not want him any closer to my life anymore. So what can I do to balance my emotions, and to get better? I am thinking to see a doc, I know I can try my best, but I still need some help.

I recognize the temptation to seek a confrontation, but it rarely actually benefits you. The sequence, both of dreams and of feelings you describe, suggests that you are gradually working him out of your system ; counselling might help to make the process more efficient.

2
Posted by: Me- call me mia instead then. | 2006/07/26

Didnt realise so many people have the same names

Reply to Me- call me mia instead then.
Posted by: Me | 2006/07/26

I can realate so much to your story it is scary. i have been having similar dreams too and i wake up in the morning thinking of him. The one difference is that i didnt see my ex for 2 years and then out of the blue saw him at a club and i froze! now the last couple of months i see him out but we keep our distance. i think i am only remembering the good times and have put aside the bad. He hurt me dearly with lies,cheating,manipulation etc. all the bad ingredients to a relationship.we ended on bad terms and i put him out of my mind for two years! kind of like outa sight outa mind.
>>> it worked. but now i find myself wanting to see him more and more often? i know we were bad for eachother and i am a better person for breaking it off..but i cant help womder... my dreams are telling me something as im sure they are you Kroskros. i wonder....

Reply to Me