Question
Posted by: Niekie | 2006/10/26

Dreaded hips!

I am 33 and female. The past year or so I have developed way too much padding on my hips (just below my waist)!

Do I get rid of it purely by dieting or is there any exercise I could do to speed the process along?

Dear Niekie
If you are overweight then going on a diet will cause weight loss all over, including on the hips. If you are not overweight then you need to do targeted exercises to firm and tighten the hips. Ask Fitness Doc on this Website for targeted hip exercises, or if you join a gym, get the instructor to work out special exercises for the hips (e.g. hip rolls, etc).