Question
Posted by: pona | 2004/02/20

Draw a house

Hi!Doc

Everytime I am bored i like to draw a picture of a house,Ever since i was a child I am 22 year adult and still do it.When I am in meeting and my mind wonders I draw the house.I meean everytime and I don't do it consiously.It just happens and now I am beggining to question it.Please help.

Pona

Dear Pona,
After such a meeting, have you ever wandered round the table, and looked at the papers other people leave behind ? You'll probably find ( unless they've taken those bits of paper with them ) that most of them have been doodling various designs. SOme draw faces, or flowers, or spirals, or whatever. It's a common habit, maybe working as a way of keeping oneself alert when parts of the meeting get boring ( as parts of every meeting do ! )
We each tend to have a design we return to, maybe a couple of such designs. I know of no good evidence that they ever mean anything. Some folks might say that drawing houses suggest that you like security and safety --- but then, who really prefers insecurity and danger ?

1
Posted by: house | 2004/02/20

Reply to house