Question
Posted by: drinker | 2004/10/31

drank

I need help for a alcohol problem. Please give any number in Cape Town. I must get this sorted out within 5 days. My Boss gave me a waring. Please tell me where to to go for a detox.

drinker,
obviously this is important for your life and your career, so do it properly. See a shrink, for a proper assessment, and advice on the range of treatment which could help most, including detox ( detox on its own almost always fails ) and ongoing shrink support. Also AA, for backup. As Jackadeejack says, your local Lifeline and AA will have adice and numbers for suitable shrinks, detox, etc.

1
Posted by: Jackadeejack | 2004/11/01

My rules of engagement (worked for a friend):
- get a detox (lifeline, crisis line, AASA will have some numbers)
- get a shrink. Somethin is bothering you.. sort it out, a shrink will be able to help you with that
- get a virgin active of running club subscription. It will help with the withdrawal symptoms.

Don't look back. The benefits are quit amazing: more money to spend on other stuff (sorry for english, firfox dont have realtime spellchecking).

now for the doc's opinion

Reply to Jackadeejack