Posted by: drinker | 2004/10/31


I need help for a alcohol problem. Please give any number in Cape Town. I must get this sorted out within 5 days. My Boss gave me a waring. Please tell me where to to go for a detox.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

obviously this is important for your life and your career, so do it properly. See a shrink, for a proper assessment, and advice on the range of treatment which could help most, including detox ( detox on its own almost always fails ) and ongoing shrink support. Also AA, for backup. As Jackadeejack says, your local Lifeline and AA will have adice and numbers for suitable shrinks, detox, etc.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Jackadeejack | 2004/11/01

My rules of engagement (worked for a friend):
- get a detox (lifeline, crisis line, AASA will have some numbers)
- get a shrink. Somethin is bothering you.. sort it out, a shrink will be able to help you with that
- get a virgin active of running club subscription. It will help with the withdrawal symptoms.

Don't look back. The benefits are quit amazing: more money to spend on other stuff (sorry for english, firfox dont have realtime spellchecking).

now for the doc's opinion

Reply to Jackadeejack

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.