Posted by: BB | 2010/09/30

Dr vs Specialist

I had shoulder surgery to repair torn rotator cuff a year ago.
Have of late been experiencing soreness,aching across font of shoulder &  my qu is: do I first go to see my family dr, or do I go direct to shoulder surgeon who operated? i.e. what is shortest, least costly route to find out if I have a problem that needs further medical attention?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The most time-efficient route is to see the doctor who repaired your rotator cuff. The most important thing he has to check is if the tendon has healed or not

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dr Joe de Beer | 2010/10/17

The tendon may have been to badly torn for the operation that was done or the tendon may have re-torn

Reply to Dr Joe de Beer
Posted by: BB | 2010/10/15

Thank you for your answer. What would have caused the tendon not to heal? Does this mean the tear is still there?

Reply to BB

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.