Question
Posted by: Ceeb | 2005/12/09

Dr Reckeberg (Vita-C) Nerve Tonic

Hi GyneaDoc,
I'm 17 weeks pregnant, I haven't slept more than an hour a night for the past 8 weeks, its really catching up with me and I am battling to concentrate at work and really over react to the smallest thing at home. I went to the chemist and he recommended I take the above mentioned homeopathic tonic. He said his wife is pregnant and was battling with insomnia and depression and since she started taking it has been fine, and he said he put both his sisters on it during their pregnancies as well to reduce stress and it helped them, and their babies were perfect. He says it stops insomnia, and that as soon as sleep levels are normal, stress levels reduce as well which is obviously better for the baby.
I bought the tonic but haven't taken it yet. Is it safe to take?

I am not familiar with this preparation.