Question
Posted by: Ralph | 2007/06/14

Dr Phil

Hey doc

Just wondering about your (and other psychologists') opinions on the Dr Phil show - the host, the show's infuence, its portrayal of psychology.

I think he gives a dangerously misleading impression of psychology, selecting extremely easy cases to display, and suggesting that a few simple mottoes and comments from him can solve major psychological problems. I think he concentrates ( presumably this has lways been the basis of his practice ) on rich people with simple problems. Glib and simplistic --- this is Showbiz, and a money-making industry, not psychology

3
Posted by: Britty | 2007/06/14

No!! I am disappointed CS as I think that you and Dr Phil are just the greatest. I think that the advice you give people on this forum is really practical and workable plus you put it so kindly but then on the other hand I enjoy Dr Phil's calling it as it is, in fact he can be quite hardhitting with the truth. I couldn't give either of you up!!!

Reply to Britty

Thats your opinoin personally i love dr phil

Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/06/14

Oh I just loooooove it when somebody ask's CS about Dr. Phil.....cant wait to see this answer!

Reply to CP MOM