Posted by: crissy | 2008/08/21

dr Cohen ' s diet ??

where can I get Dr Cohen ' s diet ? pls help Im desparate .tried all sorts of diets .I heard this REALLY works .

Dear Crissy
I am sure the other Readers will assist you with getting a copy of Dr Cohen's diet. Basically I am not in favour of diets that cut out whole food groups (like carbs), and believe it is safer to use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and to increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

Posted by: leonie | 2008/08/22

I am currently in Phase 1 of the South Beach diet and found the first 3 days difficult but I have lost 1kg in 2 days, I followed the low gi diet andl ost very little I am in the early stages of insuline resistance I needed a diet that will kick start good weight loss and it seems that the South Beach diet is the one, 1st phase only 14 days then in phase 2 you start adding carbs back slowly. phase 3 is maintance phase. I read the book and went onto the web site. Has anyone out there been on the South beach diet? How did you do? I havn' t heard of the Dr. Cohen diet yet. Sorry

Reply to leonie
Posted by: hercules | 2008/08/21

Forget all the diets out there - rather uderstand the concept - weight loss = healthy living = healthy lifestyle.

There are many diets out there, all with different methods and results - for example, calorie shifting can cause you to loose rapid weight faster than any other diet - however, none of these are sustainable - you need to adopt a healthy lifestyle...

What is a healthy lifestyle?

1. Eat more frequent but smaller portions - i.e. 6 times a day
2. Eat clean - avoid bad fats and sugars
3. Lower your carb intake, adjust by consuming more protein
4. Drink lots of water.
5. Have an active lifestyle - run instead of walking for example.

People are oblivious to what they put in their body, for example ->  you will eat a burger with chips and drink a coke - if you compare the nutritional value / calorie, you pretty much fuelled your body with 90% blank fuel when you only needed 10% good fuel - now your body stores the bad excess fuel for future use, and then when it is used later, you feel even more miserable, since the fuel less potent - a simple softdrink can easily have the same amount of calories as your ' healthy'  salad, and thus spoiling your efforts...

Reply to hercules