Question
Posted by: One of your patients | 2007/07/12

Dr Cassim/Dr Dasoo

Dear Dr Cassim

I've noticed some harsh postings on the Infertility forum about Bioart recently. Would you care to comment on that?

I am one of your patients, and it's alarming to see what others say about Bioart.

Our own experience with Bioart has been great, most of the time, but i do agree with the ladies, that sometimes we'll see you, and then Dr Dasoo (who is great by the way) will do the procedure, and then we'll see you afterwards for a check up again. Or the other way around. I understand that Dr Dasoo has his own practise too, and is only at Bioart on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so i don't mind seeing both of you.

Do you talk to each other about the patients so that both of you know exactly what's going on (personal relationship) or do we have to rather give the history with every visit, just to make sure that nothing is missed? My mother miscarried a few times, and i mentioned that when i saw you the first time. Yet when i fell pregnant, no one thought to give me medication or to monitor me, just in case (and you said that it should be monitored, when i told you this)

I can't help to wonder if it's not because you didn't do the procedure, but Dr Dasoo did, and that Dr Dasoo maybe wasn't aware of this?

I'm not critisising you at all, as i fell pregnant with my first procedure with you, after years of ttc, but i would like the peace of mind, to know what alternative solution there is, as i don't want to change doctors.

Dear One of your patients

Your comments have been noted and will be raised for discussion at our next group meeting. Kindly note that this forum is an advice forum and should be treated as such. It would be greatly appreciated if personal matters and comments regarding any fertility clinic/unit or doctor be dealt with on a personal basis with the relevant people in charge.

3
Posted by: anan* | 2007/07/13

I was also concearned about the fact that I see a diffrent doctor on each visit, when I raised the question I was told that the pateint's history is in the file, and the consulting Doctor has access to it. That set my mind at ease.
I gave birth to a healty baby boy, and I consulted with both Doctors at Bio Art.

The staff are excellent, I felt comfortable, I was treated as a person and not as a number.

Thank you Bio Art and staff for making my dream come true.

Reply to anan*
Posted by: Anon123 | 2007/07/13

Hi, I have been a patient of Doctor Cassim, and I fell pregnant two times, the first time was when it was still Nordica, and the second time was with Dr Dasoo, and I found the service excellent. I also understand why they have two Doctors, it is not easy attending to 30 patients a day, and if one Doctor has to work 5-7 days a week he would be exhausted. Dr Dasoo is great, he cares for his patients.

I am planning a 3rd baby and Dr Dasoo will be the Doctor to see.

Reply to Anon123

I also felt pregant with Dr Cassim , however seen Dr Dasoo as well. hes very pleasant to deal with.
both drs are great, however there is lack of communication bet the two, and when dr cassim goes on leave then you show up there, and just get shoved in anyways with dr dassoo without any warnings from the appointment lady.

I felt pregnant too, and felt I didnt get the care I deserved.
I was just seen for scans, and check ups
the dr cassim didnt do a proper evalutation ,
if he did he would have picked up that I was a high risk patient of getting an infection.
This has led to a really serious incident that happened to me due to negligence , this could have been dealth with or caught early if he cared in the first place.

My last appointment with him , he showed no empathy !