Question
Posted by: LoLo | 2004/01/19

Downs Screening

My Gynae sent me for a Downs Screening test at 13 weeks. Should this test be done around about this time or should it have been done further on in the pregnancy.

Test results was clear.

Please Advise

LoLo

The nuchal translucency test for Down's is done at 13 weeks. This is sometimes combined with blood tests.

3
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/19

Hi again
Your gynae can refer you to a specialist to do the Nuchal Scan. I had mine done at Dr Bridgette Jeffrey at the Pta East Hospital. They measure the neck fold to determine downs. Combined with the blood tests it is 98% accurate and in my opinion well worth it. As far as my knowledge goes, they cannot do this after 15 weeks so best is you book it now should you wish to do it!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Lolo | 2004/01/19

Hi Kippie

Thanks for the response.

I only had the blood test done. What is a nuchal scan test and how and where is it done.

Thanks Once again

LoLo

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/19

Hi LoLo
No, this is the right time for downs screening. Did they do a blood test and the nuchal scan test?

Good luck!

Reply to Kippie