Question
Posted by: Noodle | 2008/06/20

downhill....

Hi CS,

Haven't been in here for a while.... depression isn't getting better. I don't think I'm a like able person anymore..... and I try to change think before you say things all that. Don't think my partner is very happy with me... when I do talk to him, he gets uncomfortable and then he tells me days later that I never tell him what is happening with me (feeling/ depression etc.) I don't know... I've gotten rid of my BMW (luxury item) because I couldn't afford it anymore with petrol and the rising of food, housing so sold the car, gotten rid of what I call luxury items, things I can do without, and still there is no end in site, my debt which I am trying to pay off doesn't shrink because cost of living goes up and up and up and my extra cash to pay the debt is just not available. Salary wise we only get increases in September and last year I got R200.00 increase amazing.... I just feel that I am getting no where really really fast and it's getting to me. And then I'm not happy with myself... I used to be on a diet and it all went well but the depression kicked in and I went straight back to comfort food eating, and I now have no energy or "lus" to start the diet again and I know I have to because my poor body is suffering with all this extra weight !!!!!!!! and I just can't seem to get that dedication/ determination back that I had to stick to the diet........ what now that is what I keep asking myself......

thanks for listening I know you can't really do anything about my situation only I can..... I have that same feeling of just wanting to run away from it all... just want to be all by myself in a little bubble...

have a great day CS.

Cheers

Well, Noodle, I think we find you likeable ! Pity they haven't invented a slimming comfort food for all of us who'd need it. Hope there'll be some relief in the depression soon --- have you found anyone who can add some CBT to the mix ? Otherwise, look around for self-help CBT based books, so you can do some of that good stuff for yourself. Thanks for the update

1
Posted by: T | 2008/06/20

i can relate to what you are saying, noodle. when depressed everything just gets too much. money, health,men! i find that when i comfort eat, i get so p-d off with myself, get more depro and eat more. and so the never ending cycle goes :( sounds silly, but im going to start walking... just round the block, and believe me when i say it's a small one! i will stick with my 5min walk everday until i get the urge to add one more. not a leka place to be in, but you gotta believe that it gets beta

Reply to T