Question
Posted by: Worthless | 2005/11/29

Downer than down

I suffer from Major Depression and I believe there are so many of us in this world. I've lost all interest in everything and my medication doesn"t seem to help much. The company my husband works for, has their year-end function this saturday (a team-building kinda thing). I do NOT want to go, because I feel so fat, ugly, worthless and just not good enough. I mean for pete's sake, I'm 1.62m and I weigh 85KG'S!!!! I'm a joke! a fat slob! I'm not at all a successfull careeer person or anything of sorts. I'm a failure.... period.
How can I explain to him that I don't want to go? I just can't see myself taking part in any sporty items with my huge body and hang boobs that'll probably just give me a couple of black eyes.
I don't want to spoil his fun more than I have done in the past!

here are indeed many of us, W. CBT plus effective medcation ( if not the present drug, then maybe the next one you try ) CAN lift the depression. You are worth a lot, simply you're not noticing it at present. Surely you can go, and he can talk to the organizers and ask them for health reasons, to excuse you from any physical activity involved ? Do insist that your doc works harder on finding the best meds for you, and on getting you a CBT style counsellor to work on your self-esteem, and life can become great again

11
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/29

Dude: you would love to know what I have.....well.....keep on wondering......life is good when you have the right attitude.....hahaha

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Dude | 2005/11/29

ow uz results Valkyrie ... do uz ave huge peks?

iz did em body 4 life, en modified it 2 suit ma needs an am now jus plain gorgeous ...

life is good wen uz got em abs ...

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/29

I know and the results are mind blowing........!!! Give her a little time just to get through this weekend and then we can help her long term.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Dude | 2005/11/29

the benefits far outweight the effort

Reply to Dude
Posted by: VALKYRIE | 2005/11/29

Dude I agree with you it might help but she needs to be helped befor the weekend and Body for Life aint going to do that before then and it is not so easy and you claim it to be.

Reply to VALKYRIE
Posted by: Dude | 2005/11/29

ey ...

uz can cancel if uz don wanna go, tell uz man ow uz feel but en uz gotta make some commitments 2 uz self ...

uz don like a way uz look, thats easy 2 change, wen uz change ow uz look en uz mind will swing as well, i wud reckommend BODY FOR LIFE ... it will change uz life an ow uz see uz self as well as ow otha people seez uz ...

an uz usband wud b appier if uz appier wif ow uz feel so go 4 it an make that change ... start wif uz self in a mirror ...

it really works an likesay iz know ...

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/29

Worthless, remember your weight does determine your worth as a lady. You have the power to be the best and most wonderful "YOU" there is. You must have something that you are proud of, hair, eyes, hands anything. Start by building your self esteem on them, that is a start. Remember nobody can ever replace you, so girl go out there and shine be the most gorgeous you!!!!!!!!!! You can do it. I know what it is to be overweight Take a chair and I'll tell what my weight was all my life. 105kg and I never spend a weekend alone I went out and took control of MY LIFE I know you can do it.
Let us know how much you enjoyed this weekend!!!!!!!!

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Worthless | 2005/11/29

Thank you ... and Valkyrie.
Yes, it is because of my weight that I hardly ever leave the house. I always come up with some excuse. I feel inferior to everybody around me.

Reply to Worthless
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/29

just wanted to add something else......... you might decide not to go this weekend.... but go and get some counselling to help you with the self esteem issues....... that way you'll be able to attend future functions..... just don't settle for shutting yourself out of life............

Reply to ...
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/29

hey... weight or size doesn't determine your worthiness....... just get that thought out of your head!!
Also, failure is NOT a fact... it is a FEELING!!...
Why exactly don't you want to go?...is it because you are just not into that type of thing, or would you actually like to go, but because of your size you have decided not to?
If your size is holding you back... then I'd suggest that you make the effort to attend...... decide to go out there and do it....... you will feel better for having taken part.... hiding yourself away just adds to your feelings of unworthiness.... but getting out and taking part in these kinds of events helps to make you feel good about yourself! There is nothing more rewarding than conquering your own fears!!! It's exhilirating and leads to getting more energy to conquer the next fear...

I was at a conference on the weekend... they had team building exercises.... based on Survivor.... and there were two really big people taking part... one women and one man... the woman was brilliant at everything but they brought out the hoola hoops and her first reaction was "I can't fit into a hoola hoop!!... I told her she was imagining things and she started stressing... guess what... the hoola hoop fitted around her.... not as much space as with others... but she got through it!! She was so glad that she didn't leave.... she told me afterwards that the sight of the hoola hoops nearly made her sit out the whole event because she didn't want to be embarrassed...
not once did she embarrass herself... quite the contrary!

Reply to ...
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/29

Worthless: You are taller than me and weigh much less then what I have ever weighed and I refused to give ANYONE the power to make me feel worthless. It is not in anyone or anythings power to make you feel worthless unless you give it to them. Go to a Donna Claire or even better Rene Taylor at Milady's for the fuller figure buy yourself something colourfull comfortable and sexy and go and enjoy that team building thing.....make sure you are the having a jol.

Reply to Valkyrie